Friday, January 11, 2013

Mahogany End Table, Re-Claimed with Tumbled Stone

                                                                Mahogany End Table
                                                                            $79.
                                                            F.O.B. The Dalles, Oregon

                                   SOLD


I was offered on Craig's List for too much money!  I was discounted to complete the purchase.  I had a broken leg with pieces missing.  My wood laminates were 'checked', scratched, terribly marred and held a worn out cherry finish.  My orange leather top was not worth saving.  With the leather top removed, and the added Marmoleum floor piece cut to fit for the new top I look much better.  Of course, I was repaired, glued, sanded, refinished and painted to help me look so much nicer.  They added some cut tumbled stone on the recessed corners of each leg to help me look so much more different than before.  I look like a whole new 'hair-do'!  I was once provincial, traditional.  I am now eclectic.  Contemporary is my new look.  I am chic!  What a great change in who I am.  I can become a bedside stand, a display piece in a boutique or an end table in the study!  I might like finding a home in someone's kitchen corner!  I would be a perfect portable puzzle stand!  I am so light weight that I can easily be moved in front of your sofa while you watch television and work my puzzles...and I would look cool helping you out.  You can keep the photo of the puzzle box underneath on my cherry wood tray!  I'm O.K.!  I am no longer trash.


What a Neat Eclectic Piece!   

No comments:

Post a Comment